Here’s a healthy, delicious alternative to chili on Game Day, or anytime you need a healthy crowd-pleaser. Add aromatic veggies, garlic, parsley, rosemary or thyme for extra flavor. This freezes well, too. From Healthy Fitness Meals.
1 lb Lean Ground Beef
1 Tbsp Olive Oil
1 Sweet Onion diced
2 Celery Stalks sliced
2 Medium Carrots peeled and sliced
1 Bell Pepper chopped
1 Cup Green Peas fresh or frozen
2-3 Garlic Cloves pressed
2 Tbsp Worcestershire Sauce
5 Cups Low Sodium Beef Broth
14 oz Diced Tomatoes with juice one can
1 Tsp Dried Oregano
Sea salt and pepper, to taste
2 Tbsp Fresh Chopped Parsley
1. Heat oil in a large stockpot over medium heat.
2. Add in beef and cook breaking the meat with a wooden spoon, for 5-6 minutes. Drain the excess fat.
3. Stir in onions, celery, carrots, bell pepper, green peas, and garlic. Cook stirring frequently for another 5 minutes, or until veggies soften.
4. Add the Worcestershire sauce, broth, diced tomatoes, and dried oregano. Give it a good mix, then reduce the heat and simmer for 15-20 minutes. Season with salt and pepper if needed.
5. Pour into bowls, garnish with fresh chopped parsley and enjoy.
Calories: 207kcal; Carbohydrates: 15g; Protein: 22g; Fat: 6g; Saturated Fat: 2g; Cholesterol: 47mg; Sodium: 589mg; Potassium: 1070mg; Fiber: 4g; Sugar: 8g